Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The New Path

Life has taken a few turns, partly because of my brand-new companion, the ever-present bipolar, and partly just because life has a way of making changes.
After 29 years, my husband and I have decided to part ways. He is a good man, a kind man, and I think we have made each others lives better by sharing them, but it seems that now that I have a name for my behavior and I know that it is not what might be considered normal it is harder to live with. This was my choice and not his and it was a very personal thing for me so I won't dwell on that.
What I will say is that I learned how very difficult it is to deal with stress while battling this. My husband has many health problems - seems when we hit this age we all do - and his blood pressure was up and down, his sleeping patterns suffered, and he was a wreck. I was, too - not physically, but mentally. Never one prone to depression, it seemed I would break into tears at the drop of a hat, leaving everyone wondering what they should say or do.
It was not a fun time. Having to walk on eggshells around someone never is.
But it is nearly over. Our divorce will be finalized on April 11. Funny - our 29th anniversary will be on March 31. We plan to celebrate the good times and put the bad ones behind us.
More importantly, we plan to continue to be the best of friends. And that is essential. I want the best for him, even if in the future it is not walking the same path as I will walk. He deserves that much.
This blog is going to take a different turn from here on out.
Instead of concentrating only on personal issues, I want to scour the Web for the latest information, share it here... open it up for anyone to discuss issues... watch it evolve into something that will have value to someone besides me.
Oh, my... one of those psychologists would read that and shout out that I am having feelings of grandiosity and must watch out for mania, wouldn't they?
Ever feel as if you might have had someone start to get worried because you laugh too long or talk to fast, feel the need to exercise or aren't hungry?
Odd that normal behavior takes on dark connotations when you have a label.

No comments:

Post a Comment